Arriving by car
If using a GPS, the final destination for the conference venue will be Avenue Sécretan 18, Leysin, 1854. It will be held in the Beau Réveil building, home of our Middle School.
- Take the main A1 highway from Geneva in the direction of Lausanne, then A9 to Simplon/Gd.St. Bernard.
- Take exit 17 at Aigle and follow the signs leading to the mountain road to Leysin (approximately 20-25 minutes).
- Take the Gd.St. Bernard pass and travel through the canton of Valais toward Aigle on the A9.
- Continue on through Aigle, following signs toward Leysin (approximately 20-25 minutes).
Arriving by plane/train
It is more convenient to fly into Geneva airport, if possible. Once you leave baggage reclaim, turn left and you will reach the train station, which is part of the same building. Hourly trains (which will say destination Brig) leave at 20 mins past the hour and take 2hrs from the airport to Leysin, with 1 change from the mainline train to the mountain cog train in Aigle. It is a connecting service, leaving within a few minutes, and the cog train can be found in front of the main station on platform 15/16.
Leysin may only have a population of 3,500 but it has 4 railway stations:
- Leysin Village
- Leysin Vermont – walk downhill from here to the Alpine Classic Hotel
- Leysin Feydey – walk downhill from here to both Central Residence Hotel in one direction and to the Mont Riant guest house and the conference venue at the Beau Réveil building in the other
- Leysin Grand-Hotel – located behind our Belle Epoque IB Campus
Train tickets must be purchased BEFORE you get on the train or you may receive a 100chf fine. They can be bought from the desks in the ticket hall at Geneva airport station, from the machines in the ticket hall or from their website if you create an account. A return ticket from Geneva airport to Leysin Feydey costs 102.80chf.
Please be vigilant with your luggage on the train, storing it overhead or between the seats, rather than at the end of the carriages.
If you need any advice on travelling to Leysin, please email firstname.lastname@example.org